Sunday, April 29, 2012

A little bit of everything

It's been awhile since I've posted, and A LOT has happened in the last few weeks!

First, I lost my job. Though devastated at first, I've already come to view this as a blessing. I've had the opportunity to spend all day, every day with my son. I'm actively seeking employment, and have had several interviews already so I know my time as a Stay At Home Mom will be short lived. I am cherishing every moment. I'm also viewing it as an opportunity to do something I really want to do--get into the medical field. Doing what exactly--I'm not sure. But I'm thinking about my options and discussing with Jake what I should do. We'll see what the future holds.

Our little family went back to Missoula last week. One of my best friends was getting married and I was her Maid of Honor (well, I guess Matron of Honor...but that makes me sound really old). I had a blast hanging out with the girls and doing wedding duties. It was also wonderful for Gabe to spend time with Jake's parents and brother. We hadn't seen them since August 2011, when we came back to Denver. Gabe was hesitant at first, but warmed up quickly. And of course it's always wonderful to see my parents and brother too. :-)



Jake and I are always amazed at how well Gabe does in the car. The trip to Missoula is 15 hours each way, and Gabe never fussed or whined. Not once. He just talks to us the whole time, and maybe sneaks in a quick nap or two. We've done this trip several times since Gabe was born, and he always does well so I'm not sure why Jake and I dread it so much. He has yet to make us misserable in the car.

On another Gabriel front, we're increasing OT to once a week. His OT thinks that Gabe's eating habits (or lack thereof) are due to sensory issues. So we are going to meet more frequently and work on sensory integration. I'm up for it--I'm pretty much up for anything when it comes to Gabriel's therapies. If it helps him in the long run, great. If not, at least we tried.

Oh, and I am getting my butt in gear and focusing on my weight and health. I've been doing a half-assed job of Weight Watchers for about 9 months now. I've lost 20 pounds in the last 9 months--not exactly a huge accomplishment. But I am TOTALLY focused on it right now, and my goal is to lose an additional 40 (so a 60 pound total loss) by the end of Summer. Jake and I are also going to sign up for a 5K towards the end of Summer as well. Our goal for Spring 2013 is to do a marathon, but that's a long ways away right now. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment